Followers

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Can you really ever go home?

So I've been thinking a lot about this new chapter we are about to begin. Moving back home to Ohio. Just thinking about it brings mixed emotions. It's bittersweet without a doubt and will be a huge adjustment. It was a decision we did not make lightly. We had so many things to consider, financial aspects being a big part of it but also family. The biggest drawback is how much we both HATE WINTER! I realize how blessed we have been to have been given the opportunity to experience this beautiful place and I will miss it the most. I can't even begin to explain just how much I will miss it! I wish we could afford to stay and move all the people we love and the places we miss from back in Ohio out here :)  I'm starting to get nervous about shipping my babies back. I'm going to be a wreck until I know they arrive safely! We will need to rent a house until our house is built. At least Rick has a job. I still need to get enrolled in school. So much to do, just waiting for the army to say GO! When we finally do get back, how will it be? That's when the adjustment is going to start. People move on with their lives, things change. I know I have a few people that I can call true friends and more that I can say I'm friendly with.  I'm hoping to expand the friend column.  This will be the first time we will be living together as a couple in our home town!! That's pretty exciting! 

Family functions? Maybe I won't feel like the black sheep anymore. I'd like to reconnect with my family and get to know them and have them get to know me and Rick.  I'm looking forward to hosting the holidays in our home, as my dad would have wanted, to carry on the tradition. All the family would be welcome, no special invitation needed. 

It's funny how time and distance can sometimes blur the picture in our minds of how we would like things to be. I just hope the focus gets clearer as we get closer to home and we really can go home again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment