Followers

Friday, January 1, 2016

A year to remember- 2015

The year 2015 has brought so much to my life, good and bad. Each year is the chance for a new, fresh start. This year is no different. When I reflect upon my past year, I can’t help but think about certain moments. Rick being so sick and almost loosing him. I will forever have those feelings of dread when he says “I’m just not feeling well” We don’t argue as much even though his socks on the floor by the bed and him leaving the shaving cream out, still drives me nuts. I would be lost if I never got to see that again. He is my best friend and an incredible partner who I'd be lost without.

I don’t want to focus on the sad things like realizing friendships aren’t what I thought they were or people who have hurt me. I need to remember that all those sad or hurtful moments were life lessons. I am not perfect myself but I always have good intentions.

Last year also gave us much to be thankful for. Our dream home was built and we got to move in! Rick’s health slowly improved, I went on a fantastic vacation to Key West, we adopted our insane puppy Ollie, my beautiful girl Becky is back home, I began my education towards my dream job and Rick is healthy again!! Oh wait! I said that 2 times lol.

My goals this year are pretty simple. We will be going someplace warm with sand after this winter ends, a new patio and hopefully a pool for our yard, do some work inside the house, not worry about what people say about me because they aren’t my true friends. learn.  I need to appreciate amazing people in my life and not be so focused on not worrying about if others don't like me. (I do have some incredible friends) I have accepted the fact that some people, family included just don't want to be a part of my life and that hurts but it's their choice, not mine. I need to learn as much as I can at school so I can graduate and be successful in my new career. It does amaze me how we start the year with the best intentions but slowly distance ourselves from the goals. My main goal is for those I love and care about, family and friends, to be healthy, happy and loved. I am so blessed to live the life I live and I will appreciate every day, good and bad. 


Happy New Year 2016!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment