Followers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Reality check

Here I go again.  Thinking too much. Maybe it's my Scorpio nature, I have no idea. No wonder I haven't been able to sleep lately. I have a lot on my mind. Nothing compared to what our Ohio family is going through. As much as I love my life here, it's times like this that I wish I was back there. Just knowing that I could get in the car and be at someone's house in 10-15 minutes instead of 12-15 hours. We may be taking that long trip back soon. I wish it was under better circumstances. Saying goodbye to a love one is never easy but knowing we can be there together as a family to support each other is important. My heart hurts for what they are going through and I wish I could say something to help ease their pain. 

It's times like this that get me thinking about all we take for granted. I have been making some changes in my life, cutting out drama and excess b.s.  My relationship with my husband/BFF gets better and stronger every day. Just when I thought I knew all there was to know about him, he surprises me with something I had no idea about :) As with any relationship, marriage takes work and commitment. Nothing in life worth having comes free. My relationship with my kids is a work in progress. My relationship with friends is a work in progress. There are always bumps in the road but you don't throw away a relationship because of a bump. You fix it. (Both sides).  If not, make sure to always remember everything happens for a reason. 

I've heard from a few parents recently that most military kids that pcs here hate it. That is sad and confusing to me! I understand being upset about leaving friends and family behind but why wouldn't anyone want to try to make the best of it? We live on a beautiful island that most people dream of visiting once in their lifetime! These kids are only asked to make the best of it and appreciate the wonderful opportunities given to them. I can't stand ungrateful, unappreciative, entitled people. Life is too f'n short! This is just a small little blip in the big picture! Life is a precious gift and shouldn't be taken for granted, not a single moment of it! 

My grandma is going to be 93 years old on October 27th! I love my gram dearly. She's a little Hungarian woman. She has dementia but always recognizes my voice when I call. I can't wait to see her. She's lived a long full life and I need to make sure her final days are as peaceful as possible. She deserves that and if that means kickin some asses, I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. Once that's done, I will get back to focusing on me. Get my stuff taken care of, heal up then get a job! 1 day at a time while taking nothing for granted and taking a moment to enjoy the view and smell the flowers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment