Followers

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dance in the rain while you can!

Sayings like "It's all a part of life" "Savor or cherish every moment" "Live every moment to the fullest" are great sentiments especially when you actually take the time to do it. I have always been the responsible person throughout my life. I've had to grow up at a young age which meant I feel like I missed out on spontanous things in life. I don't want to live with the "what if's" in live or the coulda, woulda, shoulda's. It's easier said than done though but that's my goal. 

I just heard a classmate and friend from school died. She had a heart attack at 43.  Last week Rick told me that a soldiers mom died from cancer. She was 41. I also recently found out that a former coworker died and he was in his 30's. Wow is all I can say. I'm feeling kinda numb just trying to let it sink in. I am 44. My dad had just turned 47 when he died. All these people are way to close to my age. It's just not right and to be honest scares the crap out of me. It's a big wake up call for me. It's time I dance in the rain, stop and smell the flowers, enjoy the sunshine on my face and more of the little things that each day brings. I've had the pleasure to know a few people who can roll with the tides and just go with it whatever the situation may be and they have some of the best memories in life.

1 of my goals for this year is to send random notes and cards to friends and family. I've already sent a few. I hope they bring a smile to the faces of those that receive them. Now it's time for me to work on doing all those things I listed above and I am going to start by having a drink in memory of my friend Jean Kenny Fadenholz. She was always kind to me and even though I hadn't seen her in a few years, I know if I would have, she would have given me a big hug and we would have shared a laugh about something silly. Rest in Peace sweet lady. Thanks for being my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment