Followers

Monday, January 7, 2013

I don't hate anyone but I do STRONGLY DISLIKE a few!

When 2 people get divorced, it's sad but when 2 people get divorced and they have kids, it's horrible! Many of us have been through it and have moved on to find their happily ever after. Blended families work when communication is open and all parties are motivated to look out for the best interest of the kids 1st and foremost!! Keeping conversations between the parents and not involving the kids, or using them as pawns is 1 of the things that should be at the top of the list. Supporting your children and following the support agreement is another. It just kills me when the parent that contributes $0 towards raising a child but is seen as a saint because of the lies they tell. Just pay what you agree to and keep your opinions to yourself. The kids don't need to know you can't stand each other. They just need to know they are loved by both parents.

I see things from 2 different perspectives. I see it from my side as a mom who doesn't receive the support from the ex like is court ordered. Everything is paid for by my husband while he is paying support for his own 2 children!! I can't find a job so it's all on his shoulders and that's just not fair!! Just because you can make a baby, that doesn't make you a parent. If you support your child and do everything in your power to be a good parent, you deserve credit! I'm just so tired of always doing the right thing, taking the high road, being the bigger person and getting no credit!! I have been told to just wait, the kids will see who the good parent is. They will come back when they grow up and see through all the lies. It just sucks that in the mean time, braces need to be paid for, clothes get worn out and outgrown, glasses need to be replaced and all the things kids need as they grow. Memories can't be made when lies and vengeance come before the best interest of the children. Exes are exes for a reason but the children shouldn't have to pay for adults mistakes. I won't say I hate my ex because I don't hate anyone. I feel that when you hate someone, it kills a little bit of the good inside of you. Let's just say I have extremely strong negative feelings towards both our exes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment