Followers

Friday, December 7, 2012

Memories, past and future

It seems like a lot of people I know have passed away lately. My heart aches for each life they all touched. It makes me think of my mom and gram and dad and even my own life. We have all touched other people's lives, even if in some small way. Our families know us best. They know how to push our buttons and know how to love us unconditionally. It makes me sad when people don't realize this or look at the big picture. We are only here for a short while and people don't usually think about that unless they are at a funeral or hear of someones passing. Make as many wonderful memories as you can while you can. I'm 44 and feel like I need to start cramming as many memories as I can into the rest of my life. I don't want to live with the coulda, woulda, shoulda, lingering on my mind. There are a few people I'd love to slap upside the head or give a good shaking to until they see the light. (family included) Not everything needs to be a battle. Not everyone is the bad guy or out to get you. Take a breath! Look around! Take a mental picture of all that is good in your life! We all have struggles and issues but by taking that step back and seeing the good in things in life, we are not ignoring the problems but possibly seeing them in a better lite. I have things in my life that I have no control over, that have hurt me deeply but it will not define who I am but it definitely has an impact on decisions I make. Some things still hurt more than others. I have chosen to let some things go and let those wounds heal while others aren't as easy. I like to think that I've always been the bigger person by letting things go. I guess I'm not big enough for some things and don't know if I ever will be. I do know that the here and now is what I'm focusing on. The people who know me, family & friends and all the little memories we have made. I am looking forward to making many more! Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment