Followers

Monday, December 10, 2012

Wake up and see what's right in front of you!

This time of year always gets me sentimental of years and people in my past. My family and friends that are gone or living somewhere else. I feel like I have lived so many lives so far. I went from my parents house, then I was married to Doug, then we got divorced then I was on my own now I am married to Rick and living in paradise. The ink on the divorce papers has been dry for 6 years and I have moved on and I'm pretty happy with my life. I do miss people from that chapter but that chapter is closed. Some people have a hard time moving on and letting go. I have learned to appreciate the people in my life right here, right now. The people I miss will be there when I get back. Those relationships are strong enough for me not to worry about. I am having a hard time understanding how someone could be supportive and do everything for another person and they just don't see it. They are so focused on what they don't have that what's right in front of them is taken for granted. It's better to appreciate what you have than feel sad about what you don't. Things change in the blink of an eye, usually when your least expecting it. I understand we all want what we don't have but a lot of the times when we get it, it's not usually what we expected. Don't take anything for granted because time goes by too quickly and you can't get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment