Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Can faith be learned or are we only born with it?

I'm struggling as a parent today. It seems to be my biggest struggle in life. I question every decision I make and the rare times I don't, someone else does. I have tried to be a good parent. Ive tried to teach my kids right from wrong and to always take the higher road. It's just a shame when there are people working against this. It's almost as if the things I've taught my kids are out of sight, out of mind. Meaning, if they aren't around me, then all I've taught them is forgotten. Therein lies my question. I question my faith in almost all aspects of my life. My faith as a parent, wife, friend. I also question my faith in God. Do I believe or not? Is this normal? If I question these things, does it mean I am not doing my job in these areas? How do people just let it go and have faith? I'm more of a touchy feely kinda person. I need real tangible proof in black and white. Maybe I was just born without the faith gene.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try and email you something I read yesterday....it may shed just a little light on something for you...maybe! :) Hopefully I can find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy. I had a priest once tell me that until my head believes it, my heart won't either. Kinda sad that I'm almost the age my dad was when he died and I'm still questioning it. I wonder what he believed. Maybe I'll ask my mom.

    ReplyDelete