Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'm mom and I have the scars to prove it!

Some scars are visible and some aren't. As a parent, we try to hide the visible ones to keep up the appearance of having it all together. Isn't that how we are judged by most people, our appearance? Some of my visible scars are my stretch marks or my laugh and worry lines. They all have their own story, each well deserved. The hidden scars range from the pain of an argument to words said in anger and or the loss of a loved one. No matter the depth of the scar, a mothers love is unconditional. We earned that when we give birth to our perfect babies. The title mom is not just a title, it's my badge of the most important accomplishment in my life. I wear it proudly! When I hear that someone else has referred to themselves as my kids mom, not only does it piss me off but I find it very offensive! I earned the title, you didn't! You can't just walk into a family and assume a role which is clearly filled. You can love someone else's kids but don't try to be something you're not and never will be. I am the only mom my kids have and ever will have and I have the scars to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment