Followers

Friday, September 14, 2012

It's all just words!

I read someone's blog today and it made me think about something. What is the difference between venting, bitching, complaining, just saying, stating the facts, bellyaching, express or whine? Not much really. It's all in the interpretation and what the state of mind of the person doing that interpretation. Some days, when I'm in a shitty mood and nothings going my way, I consider it bitching and others when something just gets stuck in my craw (love that saying!) I just need to vent about it. I don't think there is anything wrong with expressing yourself as long as you don't do it in a slanderous or malicious way that could bring harm to others. As all of (or most) know, my husband is in  the Army. That's what he fights for. The right to say what's on your mind and express yourself. My blog is for me to do that. Not for others to use against me because they are bored with their own lives. It has been "cathartic" as Meredyth put it. It's for me not for anyone else. If you don't care about me then don't read it. It won't hurt my feelings 1 bit. There are very personal things that I just won't post about because it's nobody's business but those specific people I chose to share with. My blog has definitely helped me see myself more clearly. Kinda like the fog clearing. I'm not the same person I was 10, 5 or 2 years ago, hell, not even 4 months ago. I am changing every day and every day I find something else I like about myself or something that I need to work on. Looking at the big picture, life is good. When you pick it apart, there is a lot of work to be done and this blog helps me keep that work straight. 



When I was doing training, I learned that when you train someone, you should always follow a critisism with a compliment or a positive. My positive today is that I am so happy to be sitting in the living room with the dog at me feet and watch the cat walk right by her. That is exactly what I mean about my life changing and that part is definitely for the better!! I never thought they'd get along!! Even if the rest of the day goes down the shitter, I will smile and think of them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment